Meet Your Experienced Cypress Dentist
Everyone Smiles in the Same Language
A Houston native, R. Terry Councill, D.D.S., P.A., became fascinated with the health sciences at an early age. He graduated from The University of Texas Dental Branch in the Texas Medical Center with his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1982. At the prestigious L. D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Dr. Councill refined his skills for successfully designing and restoring patients to proper oral health, comfort, function, and esthetics.
To enhance his skills and expand his dental care for all of his patients, Dr. Councill has completed the following certifications:
- CEREC CAD/CAM system of dentistry
- Dental implant training at the prestigious Misch International Implant Institute through Temple University
- Oral Plastic Surgery training at the Center for Advanced Dental Education in Dallas, Texas
- Fellowship of the International College of Oral Implantologists (FICOI)
- The prestigious Fellowship of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Training in intravenous sedation (IV sedation) techniques at the University of Southern California
- Certified by the Academy of Laser Dentistry
Dr. Councill is also a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, the International Congress of Oral Implantology, and the Academy of Laser Dentistry. In addition, he holds certifications in nitrous oxide, oral, and IV sedation, to ensure maximum patient comfort.
Over the past several years, Dr. Councill has been committed to serving the less fortunate people of third world countries. On average, he spends three weeks out of every year participating in either dental surgery trips or mission trips, providing valuable services to people in need. Through Hearts for Honduras and La Mision, programs dedicated to spreading the gospel of Christ by demonstrating His love, Dr. Councill works with a team that has made regular medical mission trips to Honduras, Kenya, and Guatemala. These missionary dental clinics provide emergency care, pain relief, and dental hygiene to more than 1,000 people a week. You can read more about the work Dr. Councill and others have done to bring relief to the people in need here.