Our Investment in Excellent Patient Care
To enhance our services and maintain the highest standards of patient care, Dr. Councill has equipped our Cypress, TX, dentist’s office with innovative technology and dental solutions. Embracing dental technology means each of our patients benefit from unparalleled accuracy during a diagnosis, more comfortable treatment options, and faster healing periods. Our dental technology also allows Dr. R. Terry Councill and Dr. Jonathan Glass to discover the earliest signs of common dental health problems, such as tooth decay, and gum disease. With Councill Dental Group, you can enjoy a brighter, healthier smile than you ever thought possible.
With the recent advances in dental technology, we can offer a breakthrough approach to preventive, cosmetic, and restoration dentistry, improving both the beauty and function of smiles in Cypress, TX, and the Greater Houston area. Our customer service techniques may be old fashioned, but the technology we employ is always cutting edge. Some examples of the state-of-the-art technology used by Councill Dental Group include:
- Digital X-rays: Digital x-rays are safer, faster, and more accurate than their traditional counterparts. The x-rays require no film, therefore reducing exposure to radiation by 80 percent, and eliminating hazardous waste.
- Intra-oral cameras: Produce sharp, clear images from inside the mouth, and then transmit the images to a chair-side monitor. This allows our doctors to provide a more accurate diagnosis. Dr. Councill will explain his findings and partner with you to determine treatment and personalized dental care.
- DIAGNOdent® laser: Allows our dentists to identify the earliest stages of dental decay and offer treatment before the tooth becomes compromised. With the DIAGNOdent laser, examinations are simple, quick, and painless. This touch-free device identifies tiny areas of decay that might not be revealed with traditional tools. Early detection with lasers is beneficial and can work as an excellent preventive tool to help you stop the effects of tooth decay before they get worse.
- Diode soft tissue laser: We often use this laser to perform minor oral surgery, or to treat gum disease by removing infected tissue. Laser treatments require little to no anesthesia and patients often experience little to no bleeding. With the Diode soft tissue laser, we can offer advanced and comfortable treatment for a variety of common dental issues.
- CEREC® one-visit restorations: Using advanced CAD/CAM technology, we scan your teeth to create a digital impression. Using the digital impression, we create a 3D image of your tooth. This allows us to design a restoration that improves the beauty and function of your smile, and one that requires fewer adjustments. Using this image, we can design and fabricate a restoration from a solid block of ceramic. This allows us to create custom-made crowns, veneers, inlays, and onlays in a single visit.
- Galileos® 3D Dental Cone Beam CT scan: Produces a detailed 3D rendering of your teeth and jaw, providing clear navigation and diagnosis with the lowest level of radiation possible. This tool is especially useful in planning dental implants and surgical procedures, accurately diagnosing arthritic changes associated with TMJ, and in diagnosing complicated problems which may be hidden in 2D exams.
- Digital impression scan: For the most part, we can say goodbye to the days of “gooey” impressions. Using a hand-held digital wand, scans are made of a tooth, arch, or an entire mouth to generate working models useful in making crowns, veneers, onlays, bite guards for TMJ or MPD, snore guards, or for orthodontic evaluations. This technology also allows us to inexpensively manufacture guides for dental implant placement ensuring the safest, most esthetic, and most predictable outcome possible. This incredible CAD/CAM digital technology eliminates blind placement of dental implants and helps to reduce surgical incisions, stitches, and decreases healing time.
- VELscope oral cancer screening: VELscope offers unrivaled precision and accuracy, uncovering the earliest signs of oral cancer and improving the chances of recovery. We employ advanced VELscope oral cancer screening technology once a year as part of your regular checkup. The entire exam takes less than two minutes.
- Sterilization: Your excellent care must include the highest standard of sterilization. We use state-of-the-art sterilization technology and techniques to prevent cross contamination using standards recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Emergency procedure training: Our office is continually updated on the latest EMT techniques in the unlikely case of an in–office emergency. We regularly train, and practice mock situations with our local Emergency Medical Technicians, who are in the field every day.